These unique products offer:
• Superior performance against benchmarked oil-sealed and dry vane vacuum pump technologies.
• Increased efficiency – State-of-the-art screw technology, Variable Speed Drive+ (VSD+) and innovative motor design combine to produce a leap forward in efficiency.
• Quiet operation – Noise levels are around half that of comparable technologies.
• Sustainable productivity thanks to built-in efficiency.
• Reduced environmental impact due to ultra-high oil retention at all operating pressures.
PERFECT FOR DIVERSE MARKETS
GHS VSD+ Series vacuum pumps are ideal for a range of applications in plastics, glass, bottling, canning, wood, packaging, printing and paper, meat packaging and many more. They are ideally suited for house vacuum and central systems.
LOW LIFECYCLE COSTS
Here are two examples of the impressively low lifecycle costs of the GHS VSD+ Series:
• For replacement pumps, the GHS VSD+ Series offers a very low lifecycle cost (including service activities and energy). Generally the payback time against existing oil-lubricated or multiple dry vane installations will be much less than two years, considering power and maintenance costs alone, without taking into account the ease of installation.
• For new equipment, lifecycle cost of the vacuum pump can be cut by up to 50%.
VSD+ FOR 50% AVERAGE ENERGY SAVINGS*
In almost every production environment, the need for vacuum fluctuates depending on different factors such as process changes, the time of day, week or even month. Extensive measurements and studies of demand profiles show that there are many substantial variants with regards to vacuum demand.
Why Atlas Copco Variable Speed Drive+ technology?
• On average 50% energy savings with an extensive flow range (10-100%).
• Reduced electrical installation costs (fuse and cable size).
• Integrated Elektronikon® Graphic controller controls the motor speed and high efficiency frequency inverter.
• Eliminates peak current penalty during start-up experienced with stop-start machines.
• EMC Compliance to directives (2004/108/EG).
Atlas Copco Compressor Technique brings far-reaching innovation in vacuum technology with the new GHS 350-900 VSD+ rotary screw vacuum pumps. The new vacuum pump series present a leap forward in the vacuum industry with energy savings of around 50%, a dramatic reduction in lifecycle costs and improved productivity.
When developing the GHS 350-900 VSD+ series, Atlas Copco looked at every single element to identify where extra efficiencies could be gained. For instance, in addition to its high efficiency, the newly designed vacuum specific element offers a significantly longer lifetime than a screw compressor and vane pumps. The VSD technology of this new-generation, highly efficient, intelligent vacuum pumps combined with an innovative new patent inlet valve, provides modulating vacuum control to minimise energy consumption.
“The series is based on the well-known and durable plug-and-play design principles of Atlas Copco compressors,”. “These vacuum pumps have been designed by vacuum engineers to deliver peak performance at operating pressures commonly found in industrial applications.”
The GHS VSD+ series offers a numerous benefits to end users:
• Energy savings of around 50%
• Significantly better performance against benchmarked oil-sealed and dry vane vacuum pumps.
• Quiet operation – Noise levels are far below that of comparable technologies.
• Sustainable productivity due to built-in efficiency. Conforms to energy management and environmental commitments according to ISO 50001/14001.
• Reduced environmental impact due to ultra-high oil retention at all operating pressures – from ultimate pressure to atmospheric pressure.
“The optimum and efficient performance of the vacuum pumps do not compromise on worker safety and comfort or the environment,” continues Ackerman. “Energy recovery leads to minimal hot air in the workplace and avoids the usual problem of hot air in air-conditioned production environments. The series’ market-leading oil retention means that the quality of the exhausted air is optimal, which contributes to employee well-being (as this air is often breathed). Furthermore, it avoids oil spills on the factory floor, a common occurrence with conventional oil-lubricated pumps.” Ackerman says that the end result is a significantly cleaner working environment and adds that it also leads to faster cycle times.
The plug-and-play design ensures an easy and fast installation which saves on time and space. “The GHS VSD+ series footprint is no larger than the footprint of a standard pallet and is one of the smallest on the market,” notes Ackerman. “Everything required is delivered as a complete package.”
The complete GHS VSD+ range is equipped with Atlas Copco’s state-of-the art Elektronikon® monitoring system and SMARTlink which Ackerman says is an ideal solution for remote monitoring. “It can integrate the customer’s plant management system and control other vacuum pumps and leads to energy savings,”
The GHS VSD+ Series is a range of efficient, intelligent vacuum pumps with variable speed drives (VSD) from Atlas Copco. Based on the plug-and-play design principles of Atlas Copco compressors, the vacuum pumps have been designed to deliver peak performance at operating pressures commonly found in industrial applications.
The series offers energy savings of around 50%. A VSD and an innovative inlet control valve combine to produce an increase in efficiency to reduce lifecycle costs. The pumps are claimed to be quieter, with noise levels well below that of comparable technologies. The series also conforms to energy management and environmental commitments according to ISO 50001/14001 and offers a reduced environmental impact due to ultrahigh oil retention at all operating pressures - from ultimate pressure to atmospheric pressure.
Energy recovery leads to minimal hot air in the workplace - avoiding the usual problem of hot air in air-conditioned production environments - while the high oil retention means the quality of the exhausted air is optimal, which contributes to employee well-being. It also avoids oil spills on the factory floor, which commonly occur with conventional oil-lubricated pumps.
The series will be expanded to include sizes up to 2000 m3/h and up to 4500 m3/h.
INNOVATIVE, INTELLIGENT VACUUM PUMPS - VSD+ (Variable Speed Drive Vacuum Pumps) The Future of Vacuum!
The GHS VSD+ Series is a range of new-generation, intelligent, oil-sealed rotary screw vacuum pumps with Variable Speed Drive+ (VSD+) technology from Atlas Copco. Based on the well-known and durable plug-and-play design principles of Atlas Copco compressors, these vacuum pumps have been designed by vacuum engineers to deliver peak performance at your operating pressure.
Easy, fast installation saves time
• Space-saving – The GHS VSD+ Series has one of the smallest footprints on the market: ideal for compressor house installations.
• Everything you need is delivered in a single, neat enclosure.
• Plug-and-play installation.
• Multiple pumps can be controlled by the Elektronikon® (via ES6i).
Optimized working surroundings. In addition, the GHS VSD+ Series offers a very low noise level when compared to other vacuum pumps on the market today. Its market-leading oil retention also means that the quality of the exhausted air is optimal and oil spills on the factory floor are avoided. The end result is a significantly cleaner working environment.
Guaranteed uptime and low costs The GHS VSD+ Series is designed for easy and infrequent maintenance: no vanes, no vane chatter, and no vane wear.
Mean Time Between Maintenance (MTBM) rates are extremely long. No water is needed, and SmartLink is available to keep you effortlessly informed of pump performance and maintenance requirements.